Monday, June 30, 2014

We need Him

Last night I had the wonderful privilege to share a meal with a Pastor from Liberia. He is visiting American for the very first time and is enjoying the time here. Me, my wife, and all three children loved getting to know him and learning about his ministry and family. As I reflected on our visit with him, there was one part of our conversation that disturbed me greatly.

Someone at the table asked the Pastor how his country (Liberia) viewed homosexuality. He proceeded to tell us that it was viewed negatively and not looked on as a good thing. The individual who asked the question said this; "Our President and society are making it legal and acceptable. However, we as Christians in America do not agree with it and do not accept it as right." Now what he said next is what really disturbed me. The Pastor said, "Your current president contacted our president and offered financial assistance to our country if we would accept homosexuality. Our president and leaders told him he could keep his financial assistance."

About a dozen thoughts and emotions immediately began running through my mind and continue to do so even fourteen hours later. I could type for hours addressing all these but I will only discuss a couple. What type of leader would try and purchase morals from another person/country? The days of our nation having a Godly Leader are gone. Does that mean we should give up and quit? NO!! God's people better wake up, pray to our God and ask Him to do something that only He can do. God created the vast galaxies, created mankind, and split history in half with His birth. I believe He's big and powerful enough to change our nation and it's leaders. God's people must pray. Will you join me in putting more emphasis on praying for our nation and leaders? The morals of our nation will get back to Godliness only if we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment